Types of data we collect
We will only ever collect identifiable data that you give us permission to collect. This is either from your customer account, or when you complete our contact form.
This may include the following:
· Your location
· Your correspondence and communications with us
· When you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment card details
· Your communication and marketing preferences
· Your interests, feedback and survey responses
· Other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or a public Facebook page)
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific circumstances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this policy. Some of the above personal information is collected directly, for example, when you set up an online account on our website or send an email to us. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing activity.
How we protect your data
Acorn Tractors are committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include:
· Regular cyber security assessments of all service providers who handle your data
· Internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees
· Security controls which protect the IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access
· The right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you
· You have the right to view, amend or delete the personal information we hold about you. Email your request to our data protection officer at email@example.com
Legal basis for using your personal data
We collect and use customers personal data because it is necessary for:
· The pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below)
· The purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer
· Complying with our legal obligations
Customers have the right to withdraw their consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Our legitimate interests
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Acorn Tractors, including:
· Selling and supplying goods to customers
· Protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare
· Promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services
· Sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers
· Understand our customers behaviour, activities, preferences and needs
· Improving existing products and services and developing new products and services
· Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations
· Preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcements agencies
· Protecting Acorn Tractors, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations of Acorn Tractors
· Effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against Acorn Tractors
· Fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders
If you have any questions about how Acorn Tractors uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by any of the following means: